Thursday, June 12, 2014

Who are your target users?

For example. Is your target users webdesigners? Do you think that all of them are fully funtional? None has any hearing or sight disability, nor dyslexia or cognitive impairment? 

Think again:

"For me being online is everything. It's my hi-fi, my source of income, my supermarket, my telephone. It's my way in."
Lynn Holdsworth, screen reader user, Web Developer and Programmer


"I think a blind designer is totally do-able. In my art class in college we had a blind sculptor and painter who did great work. A blind designer could use basic logic of CSS to design very functional and accessible sites. I think it's a great idea and goal."

"Actually, I've just been thinking again about this issue. Who is better qualified to design a site for someone with a VI? I'd say a designer with VI!" 

"But being disabled definately gives me a passion for accessiblity and by extension, usability too. So I would say that my disability has made me a better developer. Thats not to say of course that fully sighted people can't be be a lot better!"

Quotes from:
accessify forum

No comments: