Monday, November 5, 2012

What is academic knowledge? What could it be?

Doing research at a designfirm is supporting me to get some distance to the academic environment. I'm still hanging out with researchers, but not every second everyday ;-) At least I imagine that I get to see research as bit more marginalised practice than I used too... :-)

Also, I find myself becoming more and more intrested in what research and education is - and what it could be. How should it support society and industri? Overall, it appears that there is a need for design thinking as well as visualizations of complex data... and much more. Need to care for the craft of education as well as for research.

Nice article in Swedish news, DN nov 2, 2012:

http://www.dn.se/debatt/hogskolan-maste-satsa-pa-tankandets-hantverk




No comments: